Mary Kenzie:
"Mommy, I'm doing my action kick to try to get myself going."
Maybe that's what I'm missing in the mornings...my action kick.
"Mommy, why do you always change your mind?" This after I let her do something after first saying "no."
"Sleep...that's what matters to Santa and the Tooth Fairy. If you aren't asleep they won't come; if you are asleep they will come!"
Here are some pictures of my cute girl and her new glasses. At Mary Kenzie's four year old check-up she failed the eye screening. She couldn't see anything on the chart using her left eye. We then took her to a pediatric opthamologist who diagnosed her with amblyopia. Basically her left eye was either nearsighted or farsighted but her right eye worked perfectly, so her brain started telling her left eye to stop working and it did.
She has to wear glasses full time until she's eleven and currently has to wear a patch over her working eye for six consecutive hours a day.
Mary Kenzie has done so great with it all! She loves her glasses and doesn't complain at all about having to wear her patch. 

0 comments:
Post a Comment